CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE PROVISION OF HUMANITARIAN FOOD RELIEF SERVICES
The City of Cape Town’s Urban Management Directorate will be giving effect to the City’s vision of a caring City through the rendering of food relief services to beneficiaries in vulnerable communities adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The City is therefore calling for applications from registered NPOs and PBOs within the municipal boundaries of the City of Cape Town with experience in:
- The direct preparation and distribution of cooked meals to vulnerable communities and/or
- The distribution of raw products and the direct supervision of community-based organisations preparing and distributing cooked meals
Applications are invited from organisations that:
- Are registered NPOs or PBOs
- Have at least three months’ experience operating soup/food kitchens and providing nutritional wellbalanced meals to vulnerable communities/beneficiaries.
- Can provide a track record of their successful operations and details of communities or beneficiary groups previously served.
Due to the prevailing COVID-19 conditions, the physical handling of paper/hard copy applications has been dispensed with.
Please email Admin.HRP@capetown.gov.za to request the following returnable forms. These may also be downloaded from www.capetown.gov.za/HumanitarianRelief
- The application form
- The business and project plan
To be deemed compliant, the following duly completed documents must accompany all applications: